Tax Senior Manager
Delap LLP, one of Oregon's largest locally owned CPA firms, delivers innovative and proactive accounting solutions to businesses and high net worth individuals. Delap provides a full range of services including Assurance, Tax, IT Assurance, Wealth Advisory, Consulting, Client Recruiting and most recently Cyber Security across all industries to help clients meet their strategic goals and business needs.
We are very proud to have been named by the Oregon Business Magazine as a Top 10 medium size company (35-99 Employees) for multiple years, including #1 in 2014. We have been helping clients win since 1933 and believe in being World Class in everything that we do!
The Tax Senior Manager will provide leadership and be responsible for the quality delivery of services to exceed the expectations of our expansive client base. The individual will also be responsible for the development and motivation of engagement team and provide the staff/seniors/managers with leadership, counseling and career guidance. In addition, the individual will review the work of staff/seniors/managers as a quality control check and provide coaching on how to best serve and advise clients.
- Hungry - You are eager to learn and enjoy challenges, you enjoy learning new skills.
- Humble - You are a team player and focused on team success.
- Smart - You are self-aware and familiar with the concepts of emotional intelligence.
- GRIT – You understand the true meaning of passion & perseverance
- Ability to assume leadership role in the firm’s tax practice.
- Work collaboratively with staff, seniors, managers and partners on client engagements.
- Strong working knowledge of firm software and technology resources.
- Strong client relationships and technical taxation skills.
- Ability to supervise and mentor.
- 10 or more years of general tax experience, preferably with at least 7 years' experience in individual, trust and business flow through entity taxation, as well as experience working with high-net worth individuals and families and corporate executives.
- Business development experience, through targeted relationship building and client referrals, a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or other business-related field.
- Masters of Accounting-Tax a plus, CPA license required.
Salary and Benefits:
- The firm offers a competitive compensation and benefits package where Delap pays 100% of the employee medical and dental premium. In addition, we offer a generous retirement plan with a 401(k) match, sabbatical program and profit sharing contributions.
- Senior Managers are eligible to enroll in a future partner in-development program.
- Exceptional work-life balance – which includes 5 weeks of PTO and 9 paid holidays.