Do you want to work for a winning team? Delap LLP, one of Oregon's largest locally owned CPA firms, delivers innovative and proactive accounting solutions to businesses and high net worth individuals. Delap provides a full range of services including Assurance, Tax, IT Assurance, Wealth Advisory, Consulting, Client Recruiting and most recently Cyber Security across all industries to help clients meet their strategic goals and business needs.
We are very proud to have been named by the Oregon Business Magazine as a Top 10 medium size company (35-99 Employees) for multiple years, including #1 in 2014. We have been helping clients win since 1933 and believe in being World Class in everything that we do!
The Tax Manager will provide leadership and be responsible for the quality delivery of services to exceed the expectations of our clients. The individual will also be responsible for the development and motivation of engagement team and provide the staff/seniors with leadership, counseling and career guidance. In addition, the individual will review the work of staff/seniors as a quality control check and provide coaching on how to best serve and advise clients.
- Hungry - You are eager to learn and enjoy challenges, you enjoy learning new skills.
- Humble - You are a team player and focused on team success.
- Smart - You are self-aware and familiar with the concepts of emotional intelligence.
- GRIT – You understand the true meaning of passion & perseverance
- Work collaboratively with staff, seniors and partners on client engagements.
- Strong working knowledge of firm software and technology resources.
- Strong client relationships and technical taxation skills.
- Ability to supervise and mentor junior accountants.
- Ability to assume leadership role in the firm’s tax practice.
- Serve as primary client contact for tax engagement teams.
- Six or more years of general tax experience, preferably with at least five years' experience in individual, trust and business flow through entity taxation, as well as experience working with high-net worth individuals and families, corporate executives, and/or owners of construction-based organizations.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or other business-related field.
- Masters of Accounting-Tax a plus, CPA license required.
- Business development experience, through targeted relationship building and client referrals, a plus.
Salary and Benefits: