Construction Tax Manager
Do you want to work for a winning team? Delap LLP, one of Oregon's largest locally owned CPA firms, is successfully growing its Homebuilder and Construction niche client base. We currently serve most of the top privately-held homebuilders in the Oregon and SW Washington region as well as some of the best general contractors in the region. Our clients value our expertise, commitment to quality, proactive and strategic ideas, and teamwork approach. Our team is committed to strategically grow our homebuilder/construction niche and provide opportunities to our team for career satisfaction, personal and professional growth, and ensuring we have fun while we do it!
We are very proud to have been named by the Oregon Business Magazine as a Top 10 medium size company (35-99 Employees) for multiple years, including #1 in 2014. We have been helping clients win since 1933 and believe in being World Class in everything that we do!
We are seeking to add a Tax Manager to our team that is passionate about the Homebuilder/Construction industry and who is looking for an opportunity to work with some of the best clients and teammates in the region. The Tax Manager will provide leadership and be responsible for the quality delivery of services to exceed the expectations of our clients in the Homebuilding/Construction industry. The team member will also be a significant contributor in the development of the staff/seniors by coaching them in the areas of technical skills, client service, project management, as well as overall career guidance. An emphasis and strong background with homebuilders and construction contractors is an absolute must. In addition, the team member will review the work of staff/seniors and collaborate with partners and senior management to ensure we helping our clients win while providing the highest levels of quality in our deliverables. Our firm is committed to providing our team with the resources, coaching, and opportunities to fuel our career passions and provide value to our clients.
- Hungry - You are eager to learn and enjoy challenges, you enjoy learning new skills.
- Humble - You are a team player and focused on team success.
- Smart - You are self-aware and familiar with the concepts of emotional intelligence.
- GRIT – You understand the true meaning of passion & perseverance
- Work collaboratively with staff, seniors and partners on client engagements.
- Strong working knowledge of firm software and technology resources.
- Strong client relationships and technical taxation skills.
- Ability to supervise and coach junior accountants.
- Ability to assume leadership role in the firm’s tax practice.
- Serve as primary client contact for tax engagement teams.
- Six or more years of general tax experience, preferably with at least five years' experience in homebuilder/construction business flow through entity taxation, as well as:
- Strong understanding of small business accounting is a must
- Strong S-corporation income tax review skills
- Experience with various partnership income allocations
- Strong understanding of proper application of accounting methods such as percentage of completion and completed contract methods.
- Familiarity with Rev. Proc. 92-29, Section 263A, job costing, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field.
- Previous client experience with Construction/Home Building is a TOP priority.
- Masters of Accounting-Tax a plus, CPA license required.
- Business development experience, through targeted relationship building and client referrals, a plus.
Salary and Benefits:
- The firm offers a competitive compensation and benefits package where Delap pays 100% of the employee medical and dental premium. In addition, we offer a generous retirement plan with a 401(k) match and profit sharing contributions.
- Exceptional work-life balance – which includes 5 weeks of PTO and 9 paid holidays.